Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tips and marketing for a new hair stylist. How can I get more business?

I am looking for ways, low cost/no cost, to market myself in the community as a new hair stylist. I currently am delivering fliers house to house. This has shown a slow trickle of clientel. Anyone else have an idea on how I can gain clients faster? The salon is brand new as well and the owner doesn't have a big budget for advertising. Veteran stylists please help!



Tips and marketing for a new hair stylist. How can I get more business?

Have you considered a referral program... offer anyone who refers others to you a discount for referring others. Let's say you do five cuts a day now... if you were to ask each of those five people to refer even two people your clientel has now just tripled... if each of those tell just two people... imagine how many you could have in a few months. You could give each customer five cards to distribute to their friends and family, with their name on them- the cards could offer a discounted price for their first cut... then when you receive ALL five of the cards back the person who handed out the card would receive a free or 1/2 price hair cut... this way you are not just giving out a bunch of free cuts with the hopes of getting repeat business. (Many people like to receive a discount as a thank-you, and would be willing to refer a few friends to receive something for free.



I know that is the basic concept of most work from home opportunities... the one I am involved with offers a 30-40% discount to all it's members and pays those who refer others very well for supporting and promoting the company.Of course the fact that they have incredible, safer products that are needed by just about everyone everyday also helps.



So my suggestion to you is to make sure you give the best cuts, at reasonable prices and offer incentives to have current customers refer others to use your services as well.... you'll be amazed at how word of mouth advertising can grow your business...



Tips and marketing for a new hair stylist. How can I get more business?

Offer free hair cuts for a day. I guarentee atleast someone will come back after that free haircut day.



Tips and marketing for a new hair stylist. How can I get more business?

write a good essay about fashion and hair style...in a local newspaper... This will make you professional and will be free. ( i guess)



hire a graphic design ( student ) and make some nice flyer



and coupon works too.



Tips and marketing for a new hair stylist. How can I get more business?

I'm not in your business but use one often. I would recommend that you provide the following:



Prompt service - I have changed my choice of service providers due to sitting for up an hour waiting for my appointment.



Value - Make sure you pricing is such that you are competitive with the "low cost" walk in shops. But give more value like prompt courteous service.



Then let the power of customer satisfaction bring in your new clientele.



Tips and marketing for a new hair stylist. How can I get more business?

I agree with Hello World, and hire a graphic artist...contact me...I can help you out with fresh advertising pieces, or ideas...maybe you should do some barter w/ a a radio station...offer your services for maybe a contest they can run on the radio or something...contact me...I might be able to offer you some insite with work we do...(i work for a marketing co., but freelance aswell.)



Tips and marketing for a new hair stylist. How can I get more business?

Hire attractrive stylists.



It may sound crude, but research proves that the hotter the stylists, the more customers.



Sorry for being so honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment